pregnancy week by week

Monday, October 22, 2007

Baby Girl

The ultrasound photos show we are having a girl! As I said on our blog, Kari is ecstatic. She knew it would be a girl. :) I'm not sure what we'll do about the name. We'll be thinking about it. I kind of thought we'd be having a boy, not that I really cared either way, but it just seemed like we should have a boy--a brother close in age for Joel, I have two brothers--but apparently God decided we should have a girl, and I'm excited about that! It's just still sinking in. Now I can move forward with planning rooms and all those fun things.

The baby had all the parts babies are supposed to have, and I was thankful to see that, too. I loved watching our little girl move around, curl her little fists near her face, tuck her knees up to her chest, and open and close her little mouth. What a wonderful gift God's given us.

3 comments:

Wilson Family said...

Yippee! Congrats! How fun to finally know!

Paul, Karyn, Philip said...

yeah! congrats! so excited and fun to connect again!

rdnaharding said...

Your know..I thought it would be a boy too! I don't know why either but thought it would be a good place in your family! I am still very excitied even though it is a girl! I can't wait until the day when I have a baby and see what you said was amazing! Congratulations!
Love, Nicole