pregnancy week by week

Monday, February 18, 2008

A February Baby

At my appointment this morning, Dr. Drake decided to induce me on the 25th, that's a week from today! I'll be at about 38 1/2 weeks. I am 2 cm dilated, 75% effaced, and at station "zero." The reason stated on the paperwork for induction is "baby large for gestational age." He feels good about doing it a little early, and I'm totally ok with that, considering my worries about having another big baby (Joel was 9 lbs. 4 oz and 10 days early) and the tearing issues I've had with both kids. Actually, I'm very excited and relieved to know she'll be coming soon. It would be nice if Aubrey decided to come on her own this next weekend before Monday, but we'll see. It's a good thing I'm not going all the way to my due date because I gained another 2 pounds in six days! And if you really want to know (Leah), I've gained 32 lbs with this one so far. :)

3 comments:

Eric 'n Leah said...

You are a funny one, sister Andrea! We'll be looking forward to seeing Aubrey sometime in the next week. Hang in there. If you need babysitting anytime in the next couple weeks....for whatever length of time or reason- let us know. Seriously.
:-) Leah

rdnaharding said...

My mom thinks you should have Aubrey on the 21st(that's my moms birthday!) Can't wait to meet Aubrey!
Love, Nicole

Cheryl Licht said...

Andrea,
I'm so glad the end is in sight, and I'm praying Aubrey comes on her own --- being induced sucks. So, but already at 2 and 75% effaced and at zero -- she could DEFINITELY come on her own. I'm hoping and praying! I sent you a little something yesterday, and hope you get it before you go to the hospital cause it could be useful there.
Love to you!!
Cheryl